When Did You Know...
That Culinary Arts Was Your Passion?
A career in the Culinary Arts allows you to use your creative skills in creating, preparing, and serving food in various kitchen settings from restaurants, hotels, hospitals and more. In ECPI University's Culinary Arts program, students can learn to apply a variety of cooking techniques and kitchen skills such as sanitation, food safety, and mise en place, as well as the correct use of professional cutlery and kitchen equipment.
Our Culinary Arts Program Includes:
- Standards-based, hands-on training
- Emphasis on professional culinary skills.
- Student externships throughout the program to build your experience and resume.
- Convenient year-round scheduling.
Demand for culinary school graduates can be global - there are no geographic boundaries!
Essentials For Success
Learn the recipes for success as you transition into your new role of student culinarian and prepare for your career in the foodservice industry.
- Introduction to the foodservice industry: History and present environment of the foodservice industry; components of taste and flavor.
- Student success: Time management, study and research skills, technology utilization, and teamwork.
- Professional development: Goal setting, self-branding, portfolio and resume writing.
- Newport News, VA
- Norfolk, VA
ECPI University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, and master's degrees and diploma programs. The Associate's degree in Culinary Arts is accredited by the accrediting commission of the American Culinary Federation (ACF).
For information on ECPI programs' success, cost, and other important facts, see ecpi.edu/fastfacts